Note: Terms and conditions are subject to change. An updated version will always be made available online.
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable health care providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists.
The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
· Patient medical records
· Medical images
· Live two-way audio and video
· Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
B. Possible Risks
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine.
These risks include, but may not be limited to:
· In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical decision making by the physician and consultant(s);
· Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
· In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
· In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
The doctor reserves the right to discontinue Telemedicine at his own discretion if he feels that safe medical advice cannot be delivered in such instances.
Proper video consultation is required to ensure the right professional advice is given to a specific individual, identified with NRIC or other credentials. However, voice-only consult (telephone or otherwise) may be allowed if an Allied Health Professional such as a pharmacist or nurse is available on the other end to ensure correct patient identity. These exceptions are made on a case-to-case basis.
iDOC Clinic will not send advertisements to your email or through other forms of contact. However, your contact details may be used for follow up of your medical condition.
Follow up methods include SMS, Whatsapp, email or traditional mail.
D. General House Rules
Prescription Dispensing/Collection of Medications
Medical Certificates (MCs)
E. Accessing Medical Records
Doctors working under iDOC Clinic will be able to access your National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) to find our more about your previous medical history and what medications you are currently on. The details from your NEHR include contact details, discharge summaries, previous admissions/clinic visits, previous and current active prescriptions as well as prior surgeries and procedures.
By signing up with our service, you allow iDOC Clinic and EasyCare International to access to your NEHR.
F. Data Collection
iDOC Clinic and its sister company EasyCare International will be studying patient’s data at random. However, the data will be anonymized. This is for safety checks and balances.
Should iDOC Clinic join the MOH Approved Regulatory Sandbox, anonymized data may be sent to MOH for further analysis.
We do not keep a record of the video consultation. Only a record of the clinic notes is kept as deemed necessary by the doctor.
G. Payment of consultation
H. Collection of Medications at iDOC Clinic and Unity Pharmacy
I. Opting for delivery
If opting for delivery, do note that an additional $3 delivery fee will be charged. Drug prices will use that of prevailing iDOC Clinic prices.
J. Security and Encryption
K. EasyCare Membership
1. EasyCare International may provide membership to corporate companies and individuals. Rates for members are based on agreements between yourself/your employer and EasyCare. EasyCare does not endorse uptake of services of any specific healthcare institutions but will work with a panel of service providers to accomodate to your needs.
2. All panel clinics under the EasyCare Program would provide fixed consultation rates. The rates are visible after logging in. Other procedural rates/recommended rates are not fixed.
3. All memberships are valid at least 1 year from subscription date but you may choose to subscribe for more than a year at any time. An account will be created within 24 hours of payment.
4. Your subscription rates are retained based on the year you subscribed. Should the subscription rates change, if you are an existing member, your existing rates would remain the same and you will be able to renew your membership at the same rate.
5. You will be notified 1 month before expiry to renew your membership. Your membership will be disabled upon failure to renew. If you are reactivating a disabled account, your rates follow the existing rate when you reactivated your account.
6. There are exceptions where your subscription rates can be retained. For example if you have subscribed for the service in 2019 but cancelled because your your company has taken over maintenance of your account in 2024 for example. If you no longer have company corporate coverage, your rates are retained to that of the 2019 rates.
We reserve the right to ban any users who abuse the use of the system or is involved with acts that may compromise the integrity of the system. Examples include:
If there is a concern of harm to the general public or data breach, relevant authorities will be contacted. If you have an existing EasyCare membership, your account will be terminated and no refund will be made.
M. Online Agreement and Consent
You are required to create an account when you register on the site, which includes your email, password and IC number. To register, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our telemedicine system unless accompanied by an adult.
Age 16-18: presumed to be able to consent for medical treatment unless proven otherwise
Age 18 or above: may consent for necessary medical treatment
You agree that the account information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the site will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for all activities that occur under your account.
You may not use another person’s NRIC/FIN/Passport number to register an account. The same IC number will be printed on MCs and prescriptions.
By registering and agreeing with the online agreement, you authorize IDOC CLINIC PTE LTD, UEN: 201712545W, to use telemedicine in the course of your diagnosis and treatment and for iDOC Clinic doctors to access to your National Electronic Health Record (NEHR).
Suitable conditions to see a Telemedicine Doctor include:
This list is non-exhaustive.
Telemedicine should not be used for