Note: Terms and conditions are subject to change. An updated version will always be made available online.
For other online services, refer to https://easycare.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/
i. Introduction and Account Creation
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable health care providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists.
You are required to create an account when you register on the site, which includes your email, password and IC number. To register, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our telemedicine system unless accompanied by an adult. You agree that the account information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the site will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for all activities that occur under your account. You may not use another person’s NRIC/FIN/Passport number to register an account. The same IC number will be printed on MCs and prescriptions.
Age 16-18: presumed to be able to consent for medical treatment unless proven otherwise
Age 18 or above: may consent for necessary medical treatment
We do not see children under 7 years of age barring very limited exceptional cases.
Suitable conditions to see a Telemedicine Doctor include:
This list is non-exhaustive.
Telemedicine should not be used for
The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
· Patient medical records
· Medical images
· Live two-way audio and video
· Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption. Legal action will be taken against individuals who use the web application for any unintended purpose.
By registering an account or accessing your account by corporate agreements, you agree to allow where necessary in the course of your diagnosis, treatment and billing, for iDOC Clinic doctors to access to your National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) and other medical information.
iii. Possible Risks
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine.
These risks include, but may not be limited to:
· In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical decision making by the physician and consultant(s);
· Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
· In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
· In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
The doctor reserves the right to discontinue Telemedicine at his own discretion if he feels that safe medical advice cannot be delivered in such instances.
iv. Consultation process
Proper video consultation is required to ensure the right professional advice is given to a specific individual, identified with NRIC or other credentials as well as your current location. However, voice-only consult (telephone or otherwise) may be allowed if an Allied Health Professional such as a pharmacist or nurse is available on the other end to ensure correct patient identity. These exceptions are made on a case-to-case basis. EasyCare International and iDOC Clinic will not send advertisements to your email or through other forms of contact without your consent. However, your contact details may be used for follow up of your medical condition.
Follow up methods include SMS, Whatsapp, email or traditional mail.
Doctor waiting times are shown live on the website. This is only estimated and a long consult/procedures can affect waiting time.
Prescription Dispensing/Collection of Medications
Medical Certificates (MCs)
v. Receiving MC/prescription and billing
There may be a 10-15 minute delay for receiving your MC/prescription/invoice to allow the doctor to complete documentation. The invoice is usually sent through your email. Your online payment would generate an invoice that can be used as a receipt. If your require an invoice that has sensitive data such as NRIC, please email email@example.com. A clinic staff will retrieve your details for billing and payment.
1. Payment to iDOC clinic should be made through PayPal or PayNow and instructions will be provided in the invoice. If you do not have medications, the system will prompt for automatic payment.
2. PayLah Payments may occasionally have a validation delay of up to 2 hours. We would recommend PayPal as the preferred form of payment.
3. MCs and Prescription will not be issued before payment is made.
4. If you have missed the online prompt or have not made payment within 15 minutes, a payment link will be sent to your email.
5. Please do not pay twice. It may take up to 30 days before we are able to refund any over-payment.
vi. Data Collection
Should iDOC Clinic join the MOH Approved Regulatory Sandbox, anonymized data may be sent to MOH for further analysis and the data will send through the clinic. EasyCare International (iDOC) will be studying anonymised data to improve its services. However, the data will be anonymized. This is for safety checks and balances. We do not keep a record of the video consultation. Only a record of the clinic notes is kept as deemed necessary by the doctor and only retrievable by the doctor or clinic staff/care coordinators.
vii. Collection of Medications at iDOC Clinic and Unity Pharmacy
viii. Opting for delivery
If opting for delivery, do note that an additional $3 delivery fee will be charged. Drug prices will use that of prevailing iDOC Clinic prices.
ix. Security and Encryption